Updated July 28, 2021
Young at Art is currently a fully mobile art program. We bring our program to private homes, schools, preschools, rec centers, and other organizations. Our classes are designed primarily for children aged 2 to 10. We are looking for several experienced teachers and assistants who are willing to teach in-person classes at students’ homes, schools, or centers.
Each class is 1-hour. Classes range in size from 5-14 children. Assistant teachers are provided for classes with 6 or more children.
Teachers needed for classes in the fall:
- Toddler Art Teacher – to teach weekly parent-child classes for 2-4-year-olds during the school year at various preschools, private homes, and community centers. Between 4-7 classes a week available, typically at 10-10:45am or 4:00-5:00pm. Class size between 5-10 children. Follow well-developed curriculum. Requires a good deal of prep work for each class.
- Preschool Art Teacher – to teach weekly classes for 3s and 4s groups during the school year at various preschools and private homes. Between 4-5 classes a week available, typically at 12:45-1:45pm or 1:00-2:00pm. Class size between 10-14 children. Follow well-developed curriculum. Requires a good deal of prep work for each class. Must have good classroom management skills for preschool-aged children.
- Art Teacher for ages 5-8 – to teach weekly classes for children in grades K-2 after school at various community centers, elementary schools, and private homes. Between 4-5 classes a week available, typically at 3:15-4:15pm or 4:30-5:30pm. Class size between 5-12 children. Choose from well-developed lesson plans and add your own. Must have good classroom management skills.
- Special Ed Art Teacher – for weekly private lessons at students’ homes during after school hours and possibly weekends for children aged 4-25. Must be able to teach fine art drawing and painting techniques, help children improve fine motor skills, and have successful strategies to get special needs students to focus on a task.
- Child & Adult Art Therapist - for weekly private sessions at students’ homes during after school hours and possibly weekends for children aged 4-up and adults. Help children work through trauma or emotions, express themselves, and build self-esteem.
All jobs are considered part-time with no benefits. We offer competitive pay for experienced teachers. Individuals looking for teaching experience can work as assistants.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without cover letter will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant experience.
- Your own car to transport supplies from class to class.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Reliable, responsible, punctual, lots of patience, nurturing, flexible.
- Commitment to Young at Art’s mission of nurturing self-esteem through self-expression and focusing on process and exploration rather than product.
- Physically capable of carrying boxes/bags of art supplies, going up and down stairs, teaching on your feet for 2 hours.
- Follow lesson plans provided or use your own
- Prep for classes; set up and clean up classroom
- Bring all supplies and materials to each class; we supply you with materials and equipment that you keep while you are working for us.
- Obtain supplies when necessary (reimbursement provided)
- Provide direction to assistant teachers
- Greet parents at pick up and dismissal; share goals and project lessons with them each week.
- Communicate with host family or administration of organization about set up, changes in dates, and other arrangements as needed.
- Attend monthly Zoom staff meetings and teacher workshops.